Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 6: Journal Through Big Feelings...

I have journaled through the many faces of being human.  Next time you encounter BIG FEELINGS, pause and DO something different.  If possible, hold off on reaction and GRAB A JOURNAL, QUICK!  Write your way through the emotion.  Embrace it, HONOR IT, ALL WITH THE INTENTION TO MOVE THROUGH IT! 

ANGER....move through the feeling - voice it, get it out.  Stand back, remember your commitment to the situation at hand and make a choice from there.  Get clear about what, if anything needs to be communicated. 
OVERWHELM...write down everything that has you overwhelmed.  Stand back and prioritize.  Just getting it out of your head will make you feel better.  Then, prioritize and put into today, tomorrow, next week and next month categories.  Sign relief...
TAPPED OUT...take 5 minutes to write...unwind, relax and get present once again to the big picture.
HURT...write it out and try on taking responsibility and care for the hurt part of you! 
INSPIRED & ENERGETIC...have a journal handy for the funnel of ideas that come your way!

and so many more....for another day!
Feelings are just feelings...it's what you do with them that MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.  Next time, you encounter BIG FEELINGS grab your journal, sort it out, and ACT based on your commitments (what you truly want) and see what happens!

The Journaling Lounge Opens in Two Days!  I can't wait to see you there!

1 comment:

AriZona Williams said...

Change your thoughts change your life...

I've been reminded once again how powerful our minds are. Years ago I read the book 'Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life' by Maxwell Maltz. In three days I went from being in a deep depression to completely being inspired, seeing first hand the amazing ability of my mind!

There has been a bit of negative energy swirling about the homefront caused by a little of this and a little of that = unhappiness. So, last night, okay, this morning at 4:30 a.m. I set my intention to focus on happiness and pulled out a blank large size journal. I started going through my iPhotos choosing pictures of happiness with my husband and myself. Soon I was copying picture after picture of all sizes to cut out and glue onto the pages of my journal which turned into an Art Journal. A pattern started forming right away when I didn't get in the way. I just started creating as it became naturally therapeutic.

For the outside of the book I have been holding onto a Jimmy Buffet 3x5 sticker called "Port of Indecision" I thought it appropriate. Always reinventing myself. WHATEVER IT TAKES! So, I never know what I'm creating for myself each day. I rather like that.

Later today I noticed I wasn't angry, it worked, making that journal worked! "Change your thoughts change your life", by Wayne Dyer.

The ultimate test of a relationship is to disagree but to hold hands.
-Alexandra Penny, Writer

Living Passionately,
AriZona