Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day 2: Taking the Plunge...

and that's what it is...it really just takes diving in, doing it, and saying goodbye to all the excuses and reasons why you can't (and I know you have good ones).  Keep in mind...there is no "perfect" time to journal. It doesn't require a hammock on the beach or peaceful, insightful feelings. Begin right where YOU are - even if it is amidst the chaos.


It means having a notebook handy in lots of places so when the need or time arises you are prepared! 
You may feel intimidated or overwhelmed by where to start!  Start by making the journal YOURS!  Write your name in it, fill it with pictures that you love, colors that uplift and words that inspire!  Open the notebook and create an intention or focus for your writing.  Here's what I do...  My focus for this journal will be __________  My writing represents the beginning of ___________________  and I invite ____________________ into my life by taking the time to step away from the busyness to be still.  It is sooo important to create a vision for what you want to have happen as a result of you taking the time to write.  It will not only guide your writing, but will keep you coming back again and again.  The key here is to read your intention often, it just might be what moves you from all the excuses of why you can't and don't have the time to journal into what is possible if you do!   Remember, writing doesn't have to take a lot of time - 5 or 10 minutes will do!  It does require your willingness to show up and engage fully!

Today's Exercise...

So take a journal or notebook off your shelf that is waiting to be used and begin by making it YOURS!  Then tell us all about it, take pictures, share what the process was like for you, ask questions - I would love to hear from you!  See you soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a bit nervous to take it off the shelf, crack it open and start writing. however, i've felt this intense need to write for so long. each day i ask myself "what are you waiting for?" but the crazy days fly by and i never start. today i will. i need to...so much has happened in my life in the last year. i need to process it, find gratitude and move forward.
thanks for the motivation carla!
jennifer

Sanity Journals said...

Nervous is good...it definately means there is something for you in doing the writing! Way to declare moving forward! Hang on for the duration...move through what comes up for the sake of something greater!

AriZona Williams said...

In the past 48 hours I started three Journals! First I started one just for 'Happiness' for my husband and I with pictures and then writing. Last night when I was trying to add other things like the Business I started "AriZona OFF THE WALL" and found I didn't want to mix all those things together. I have many journal books large and small around in my Creative Room that just sit on my shelves. Not any more. I hadn't even gone to bed at 5:45 a.m. because I was so caught up in my creating that I had another idea for another journal (My WHATEVER IT TAKES Stories). For hours I was making copies of pictures and tucking them inside my separate journals. Then, just before I collapsed from lack of sleep I had another idea for a journal: Friends and Family. Earlier while the copies were copying I browsed through my bookshelves trying to find one particular book, I found several. I was so excited when I went to bed I picked up one of those inspiring books, "the 12 secrets of highly creative women...a portable mentor. -Gail McMeekin" I fell asleep holding that book and thrilled with my new journals!

Carla, you are an inspiration for all. Looks like we're all going to be inspiring each other and I think that is part of Carla's plan also. You ROCK Girlfriend!