Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 1: Into the World of Journaling - A Series

Follow me as we take an adventure into journaling!  Over the next several weeks, I intend to pour myself into sharing with you journaling stories (my own and others) and how people write their way through the ups downs and in-betweens. The journal for me has become a retreat from the crazyness of the external world and even the gremlins of my own mind at times ;-) I've discovered writing to be a mini get-away where I get to the truth, and sort things out.  Writing is where I touch the divine, sift through challenge, figure out who I want to be as a wife, mom, and friend.  The writing practice expands my thinking and creativity.  Solutions and possibilities show up that were not available in my thought process alone.  Through writing, I find I am able to observe things from multiple vantage points to make better choices, soak up the juicy details of goodness that surround me (when I sometimes forget) and choose powerfully who I am going to be in the face of life. So join me…dive into your imaginary lounge chair, open your heart and get ready for an amazing ride! 


Come blog with me...I want to hear YOUR stories, questions, and experiences as you peer into the world of journaling!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carla, I am really looking forward to hearing more about journaling. I can see where it could really help me get through some challenging times right now, and I love writing! I'm so thankful this is on your heart to help others. You are such an inspiration! Thank you, Stori Ruhter

Sanity Journals said...

Stay tuned Stori! And, if there are specific questions you have, don't hesitate to ask!

Stori Ruhter said...

Hi Carla,
I just read Day 2 and I love the idea of creating an intention or focus for my journal. Do you save most of your journals? Also, I noticed as I'm writing, that new ideas have been popping up, and I realize how much I miss my creative side... in the future I plan to investigate some classes like painting, drawing etc...but when new ideas come up for you, how do you keep track of them, just in your journal? Or do you create a goal journal... any suggestions? Thx, Stori P.S. I met you at American Express, and I am so thankful they made your workshop available to us : )

Stori Ruhter said...

Hi Carla,
I just read Day 2 and I love the idea of creating an intention or focus for my journal. Do you save most of your journals? Also, I noticed as I'm writing, that new ideas have been popping up, and I realize how much I miss my creative side... in the future I plan to investigate some classes like painting, drawing etc...but when new ideas come up for you, how do you keep track of them, just in your journal? Or do you create a goal journal... any suggestions? Thx, Stori P.S. I met you at American Express, and I am so thankful they made your workshop available to us : )

Sanity Journals said...

Hi Stori,

Yes, I do keep most of my journals - not because I refer back, but because they are a part of me in some way.

Unleashing your creativity is one of the HUGE rewards of journaling. I too experienced finding my creative side for the first time when I committed to an ongoing writing practice and it continues to be a tool for tapping into and exploring creative ideas!

Ideas....when you begin taking time for yourself, and honoring your voice, you begin to pay more attention to your thoughts and ideas! Create an IDEA journal - that way they are all in one place when you want to find them. If the journal is not with you, write on scraps of paper, napkins, or the back of your hand - whatever is available and then transfer to your journal ;-)

Bringing journaling to the employees at American Express was a great experience for me and I am so glad to have met you. Keep on keeping on! More on the blog coming later today.

Stori Ruhter said...

Hi Carla,
Great advice! I love the idea of an "IDEA" journal. I'm a saver of sentimental things, so saving my journals sounds like a great idea to me too. Thank you for the much needed direction. I feel more on purpose now! Have a great weekend.
Stori