Sunday, May 4, 2008

Space to grow...






There is a season for everything. The past few months I found myself hibernating, nesting with my family, restoring myself and at times searching for my own sanity. Sanity and peace of mind are found when I stop resisting what is happening and be where I am. I have been anticipating new beginnings in my own life for the past few months...and in doing so found it necessary to go within, write a lot, and let the "doing" subside. What I found was a calm, less urgent way of living and an abundance of time to be with my boys, appreciate my home, and be in nature. Although it wasn't all easy breezy, and at times felt really awkward....I am beginning to see the lessons and why it is so important to allow ourselves the space to rejuvenate. As I look to my garden...I am reminded - that sunflowers too - have a period of hibernation beneath the earth and then slow, steady growth before they bloom their magnificent face and look to the sun standing tall and proud. This is my son Tom who always has the time and often reminds me to stop and check out the flowers.

1 comment:

intentional style kat said...

I LOVE IT - LOVE IT - LOVE IT
The world needs a space to go to find a quiet within. Thanks for showing us it is as simple as looking inside to find who we are.
GO GIRL... we need you!